Search This Blog

Friday, April 6, 2012

Well, I was supposed to meet my really good friends from the Class of '76, over in Dedham (Alison, Margie, Karyl, etc...) but after a sleepless night last night, I figured I'd better come home from work, whip up dinner, and hit the hay incredibly early...

Ahhhhh, my last meatless Friday dinner in Lent! I'll tell you, unless you order pizza or cook pasta, one tends to run out of ideas of what to make that doesn't involve meat....
I honestly don't think the Christian faith intended us to eat things like lobster or shrimp on these special Friday nights.... aren't we supposed to be suffering a wee bit?

Well, tonight we are definitely not suffering! I decided to make stuffed manicottis, but instead of using pasta, I opted for making crepes... a tricky idea I am not sure where I got, but I have to tell you, they are so much better than pasta! Look.....


The crepe recipe: 4 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup water, 1 cup of flour in a blender. Just blend long enough to mix everything up. Makes about 15 small crepes.

I have a small pan and pour a small amount of crepe batter, and just keep making them til the batter is gone. Then comes the best part....the stuffing: ricotta cheese, parm cheese, fresh spinach, fresh mushrooms, fresh garlic, S&P, 1 egg, and some mozerella cheese. When it's not Lent, I usually add sausage...Spoon some on each crepe, roll up and put in a pan. When done, cover with sauce, cheese, and bake for 15 minutes... I gotta tell you, it is so much more flavorful than using store bought manicotti!!!



I will post the results when they are done! What does Julia say? Bon apetit! ox


Well, everyone who ate this, said it was delish! The bad thing about making this, is that no matter how much I make, there are never any leftovers! I have to say it really did come out good!









1 comment: