Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Mussels from Heaven

I was out shopping at BJ's for Easter meal stuff, when I stumbled across a counter where they were sellin mussels for $2 a pound..... how could I resist? Now I knew what I was going to make for dinner! I made up this brothy sauce out of onions, tomatoes, loads of garlic, white wine, chicken broth, and seasoning like rosemary, basil, thyme, and s&p. Added parm cheese and some extra tomato sauce I had in the fridge.


Dumped the mussels in and voila...


Loaf of Italian bread for dipping, and thou baby!

Next I decided I needed something else to go with this. What's better than risotto? I can't think of anything! So, away I go...


Once the risotto absorbs all the chicken broth, I roasted some broccoli with olive oil and s&p, and folded that in. Hmmmmm, it needs one more thing. For some reason rosemary ham popped into my head, so I tear a whole bunch up and put it all together...


So there you have it... Easter eve at the Lawler's house. From the looks of the folks below, me thinks they were happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment