Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

Editorial comments on tonight's dinner


Here you go.... the wings were "the meat falls off the bone!" really yummy according to the family. The rice speaks for itself.... ginger, butter, S&P all cooked up in chicken broth. I guess the piece de resistance was the asparagus tonight.... there is just something about roasting it with white wine, olive oil, S&P, and lemon juice. Wow! This dinner was a winner! And to Laura: I try to keep all the ingredients that I love... artichoke hearts, olives, mushrooms, pasta, pasta sauce, either chicken, pork or some meat we like.... and a veggie like onions, peppers, spinach, brussel sprouts...and the spices I like to cook with. Then, I look up recipes, one after another, and try to find different parts of each one that sounds good. Then I put it all together and come up with something yummy! The only problem is, by the time I get home, dinner is served at around 8 p.m.!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like my approach. I will decide on a main ingredient, generally a protein. Or perhaps some veggies on hand, then Google for recipes and pull info/ingredients from a few to make my creations. You dinners look fabulous and clearly from the photo your family approves asl well.
    Enjoying your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete