Search This Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2012

the brown dinner.....

So sorry I have been away!  Three days in a row I have been out to dinner, and I have to say, restaurants really need to sample their meals before they serve them!  There HAS to be flavor, personality, taste involved with your meal you are serving someone....it just seems like such a natural thing to think about! I am soooo totally disheartened....

Oh well, sorry.  This is just such a sore spot with me!  I have been introduced to a few restaurants that have been amazing.. truly dreamy meals!  which is the way it should be when you got out to eat!  A treat that gives you a night off from cooking.  It should definitely be the norm!

So, the title tonight is a brown dinner.... my risotto was made with beef broth, carmelized onions, bella mushrooms that were warmed by the hot risotto, and seasoned with a sprinkle of parm cheese and anyone that truly knows me will know that taragon will surely finish it off with perfect flavor!

I decided to make pork tenderloin medalions tonight...I guess back by popular demand.  They are truly individual nuggets of deliciousness!. Decided to make mushroom risotto to go with it.   My ingrediants are bella mushrooms, vidalia onion, pine nuts, beef broth, garlic, and shallots.


The risotto was simmering away in beef broth......

When it had totally absorbed the broth, I started on the pork.  Sliced, coated with ceasar dressing and dipped in seasoned flour, I cooked each one to perfection....


Sprinkled with tarragon and parm cheese....



Risotto with pine nuts, warmed bella mushrooms, and a little parm cheese....oh, and I had to add a touch of tarragon, only because it is my all time favorite flavor...

As  I said at the beginning.... a brown dinner!  no time for any veggies tonight, but no one seemed to miss them except me! 

So there you have it.  We didn't eat til about 8:30 but it was well worth the wait!  This meal is definitely a lot of work, but well worth it!  ox


No comments:

Post a Comment