Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2012

The things we do to stay positive....

So, I must admit I am a bit stressed tonight, staring down my procedure tomorrow, so I try to think of what to do that will make me relax.... cook!  A no-brainer....

I have alot of zucchini in my fridge from my early morning farmer's market run in Boston on Saturday, so I try to figure out how to make it a main course.  Besides the zucchini, I also have leftover bolognese sauce from last night.  Zucchini + bolognese sauce = some kind of lasagna.  Rut roh... here we go.

I blanched a bunch of zucchini, heated up the sauce from last night, and quickly cooked some raviolis (to use for the pasta and ricotta cheese part of lasagna).


I have to tell you, the sauce with the lamb in it makes this dish and the one last night delicious...  I start layering everying:  sauce, zucchini, raviolis, cheese, sauce, zucchini.....


Finish off with sauce and cheese and into the oven....


I have to say, this had to be the easiest, yummiest meal.  And as far as leftovers go.... I am SO having this heated up for lunch tomorrow!

Just please tell me that you will make your meat sauce with beef, lamb, carrots, celery, onion, crushed tomatoes, thyme, garlic, red wine, and heavy cream (using chicken broth if it gets too thick).  This is the BEST SAUCE EVER!!!!  Wish me luck tomorrow...I'll need all the prayers I can get!



No comments:

Post a Comment