Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

Marathon dinner truly a marathon dinner! ate at 8:00!

Today was a great day to have off! Went to Carson Beach in Southie....baked for a couple of hours, truly relaxing! Came home and had a hankerin' for some grilled chicken. I wanted a new marinade so off I went to the internet. Thank God for Google! A little bit of this and a little bit of that, and BAM! Instant delish! Here's what I did....

I marinated my chicken thighs in the following:

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup white wine or sherry
1/4 cup of brown sugar
3 tbs. lemon juice
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tbs. chopped fresh ginger (the killer ingrediant!)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 sweet vidalia onion, sliced

I marinated for only an hour cuz that's all I had!

Threw everything on the grill...


Broiled some broccoli with lemon juice, s&p, white wine and olive oil, and made some pine nut rice pilaf...

I have to say, this dinner came out delish!


Put it all together and... voila!


At this point, I am spent!!! am going to watch the rest of the Bruins, now that my dishes and blog are done! Hope you have a wonderful night and got to bed feeling full and happy! Have no idea what tomorrow's dinner will be!!!


2 comments:

  1. That dinner looked yummy....I have had a hankerin for grilled chicken. I may have to make that on Thursday. Tonight we are having Grilled Teriyaki Salmon. Thinking of putting some fresh pineapple on the grill also. I precooked some quinoa so may make a pilaf or salad not sure...need to clean out the fridge and use up some veggies, so anything is possible. Can't wait to see what you made for Tuesday's dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I made this chicken tonight.....I LOVE barbecued chicken with finger-licking sauce and generally that's the route I take....precook some in the oven, finish it off with sauce on the grill. But this recipe trumps that and then some. I put it together yesterday so it could marinate overnight. foil wrapped some fresh corn and put it all on the grill....Heaven! The aroma while it cooked made me so anxious to dig in, it was wonderful.
    with a simple salad on the side it made a great meal.
    Suzanne, this marinade recipe will become a staple in my house for sure. Thanks for a that!

    ReplyDelete