Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Twice-Baked Potatoes....deadly but delicious



These potatoes are really not that hard to make, which makes me wonder why I don't make them more often.  Probably because they are full of calories and cholesterol....but they are so delicious, and honestly?  How bad can it be to have them once in a while?

I start by baking some idaho potatoes.  When they are done, I cut them open and scoop the potato into a bowl.


I made 4 potatoes, so I added 1/2 a stick of butter, probably about 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1/2 a block of cream cheese, salt and pepper, a handful of bacon bits, about a 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, about a 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese, and some onion powder.   Use a hand mixer to blend everything together.  And don't forget to taste!  None of these measurements have to be exact.   I always end up adding a little more of this or that, until it tastes just right.


Now for the fun part.  Put the potato back into the skins, and sprinkle some additional grated cheese on the top.  I baked them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, until they are heated through and the cheese on top has melted.  Then just a few minutes under the broiler to brown the tops.


Too delicious to ever have left overs!

No comments:

Post a Comment