Search This Blog

Monday, November 26, 2012

If you like caramelized onions and onion dip, you are going to love this!



I thought I would make a dip to have on Thanksgiving day, just in case folks got hungry waiting for the turkey to get done.... and this is one that is amazing, and so easy.  Start off with a couple of Vidalia onions.  I chop them and throw in a pan with a couple of tablespoons of butter and a drizzle of olive oil, on medium heat.  After about 15 minutes, I turn the flame down and let them sizzle for about 30-40 minutes.  They will start to turn brown and caramelize.



In the mean time, I blend together 4 ounces of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sour cream, and 1/2 cup of mayonnaise in a bowl. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp kosher salt, 1 tsp kosher salt, 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper.  Once the onions are done caramelizing, add 1 tsp Dijon mustard and1 tsp balsamic vinegar, blend together and add to the cream cheese mixture.


Now is the time to put this into the fridge over night, so that the magic can happen.  I have to tell you, the flavors that come out in this dip are unbelievable.  There is a little bit of work to this dip, but it is so well worth it!  Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!


I serve this with Stacy's naked chips, but you could use anything....even spoons!




No comments:

Post a Comment