Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2012

In search for the perfect meatball, and I think I found it...



Anyone who really knows me, knows how passionate I am when it comes to making something that is truly delicious.  And, I am always on the look out for a recipe for really yummy, moist meatballs.  People will give me their recipes, or I will find them on line, but none have ever satisfied me..... that is until tonight!  I am so excited to share this recipe with you, because it truly is the best meatball and sauce that I have made.  It is basic, clean, no frills cooking... Now, mind you, my best friend Sharon, really does make the best sauce and meatballs, but this one is really good!  Stay with me because there are a couple of parts to this.  Let's start with the meatballs.



I take the casing off of 4 sweet Italian sausage and break them up.  I add a pound of ground beef, and gently fold them together.  I add about 1/3 cup of seasoned bread crumbs,  and about the same of Parmesan cheese. The key to this whole recipe is to mix gently and minimally.


Gently fold in 2 beaten eggs, and about a cup of cut up fresh parsley.  I cube 3 slices of bread and soak with milk.  Add in some salt and pepper, and gently combine with the meat mixture.  What ever you do, don't forget the fresh chopped garlic cloves, about two will suffice.



 Meanwhile, catch this amazing easy sauce.  One can of whole tomatoes, half of a vidalia onion cut up and 1 stick of butter. Grind in some salt and pepper.   Let the whole thing simmer for about 30 minutes.  When it is done, you will use your hand blender to blend everything together.


                       

At this point, I put a pot of water on to boil to cook the pasta.  Add your meatballs to the sauce as it simmers; about 15 minutes ought to do it.  Afterwards, put all the meatballs in a pan and pop into a 325 degree oven for about 15 minutes.



At this point I am getting a little apprehensive, because I have no idea if in fact, these meatballs are indeed moist, tender and delicious, not to mention how the sauce is!



Well, I take the meatballs out of the oven, and take a taste..... Oh my word!  These have got to be the best meatballs I have ever made!  I get my pasta in a bowl, spoon some of the meatballs in, and cover with a bit of the sauce, and.....


Yup....I found it!  the best meatball recipe!  Please try this!  You won't be sorry....




No comments:

Post a Comment