Search This Blog

Monday, November 26, 2012

There are two stuffings in my world, Pepperidge Farm and Bells.... here is the Bells...



So, I grew up with my mom making Pepperidge Farm stuffing.  She would saute some celery and onions, and add parsley, salt and pepper...... done!  and delicious.

When I got married, I was introduced to the "other" stuffing....you know, the one made with Bell's seasoning.  I remember thinking after I ate it, that it had a ton of sage, which is usually delicious in moderation.  So, I now have to make this stuffing to the best of my ability....

I start by sauteing onions and celery in some butter. While they are cooking, I cut up a loaf of stuffing bread, and douse it with milk.  When the celery and onion are done, I add them to the bread and mix.  Sprinkle liberally with Bell's seasoning, salt, and pepper.


I take a sleeve of Ritz crackers, and crush them.  Dump them in as well....


At this point, you need to take a taste, just to make sure you taste enough of the seasoning.  If it is good, put into a baking dish, cover and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  When it is done cooking, I take some of the juice from the pan the turkey is cooking in and drizzle over the stuffing.


It really is delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment