Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The best cheddar bisquits you will ever eat!


So this is a story about some unbelievable biscuit's that my daughter's boyfriend whipped up for a superbowl party, and now shared with me.  We are talking about college-aged kids who have 101 things on their mind....but my daughter's boyfriend is soooooo cool, and talented, and is an amazing chef in his own right, and made these for his friends.  I was lucky enough to get him to share them with me!  Thank you, Donald!   Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.  


2 1/2 cups Bisquick mix
3/4 cup whole milk
4 tbs cold butter (1/2 stick)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I cannot lie, I added more!)





Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter.  You don't want to mix too thoroughly.  There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas.  Add cheddar cheese, milk, and 1/2 tsp garlic.   Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix!







Drop about 1/4 cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  In the meantime, melt 2 tbs of butter, seasoned with 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp parsley flakes...you will spread the garlic butter over the tops of all biscuits after you take them out of the oven.







We had these biscuits with our leftover sweet potato soup and I have to say, they were amazing.   I try to stay away from eating bread, but unfortunately I couldn't stay away from these!  They were so moist and delicious!













No comments:

Post a Comment