Search This Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2013

I hope I am not "souping" you to death, but this stormy weather just puts me in the mood!



I should call this "clean out your refrigerator" chicken soup!  Honestly?  When you can't get out of your driveway to get to the store, you begin to take a long, hard look at what is in your refrigerator and get really creative!

I had the end of my roasted chicken from earlier this week (http://newkitchenmeals.blogspot.com/2013/02/chicken-comfort-dinner-great-new-way-to.html), along with a small  container of cooked rice.  My vegetable drawer needed cleaning out, so I used up some carrots, celery, and half an onion I had in there....  So far, I am happy with how it is turning out!




I saute the onions, celery, and carrots with a little butter.  When they have started to get a little tender, I add a box of chicken broth.  I slice up 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, and add them along with Tarragon and 3-4 bay leaves.

I cut off the left-over chicken and add that along with the juice that contained the spinach and capers!  I figured it should give this soup a really nice flavor.

At this point, I just let it simmer on low so that all the flavors come up.





The last thing I put in is the leftover rice.  All the soup needs at this point is a little salt and pepper to taste.  The flavor of the garlic, Tarragon, and the hint of lemon and capers from the chicken  really make this yummy!

I guess my lesson here is that you can make something that is easy and extremely flavorful out of a little of this and a little of that!  For me, it's all about the seasoning and tasting enough of it....












No comments:

Post a Comment