Search This Blog

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Open House Eats on Christmas Day at the Lawlers

What usually happens on Christmas Day, is my mother-in-law comes over to our house.  Then, throughout the afternoon, different members of my husband's family come by to wish her well, and eat, and eat, and eat!  So, I try to come up with dips and finger-type food to keep the troops happy.  Some of these recipes I have already shared with you, such as the spinach and artichoke dip below.


 I found some interesting cheeses at Costco, so put those out with a variety of crackers and some black olives.  I also sliced up some Sopressata, which is a huge favorite in this house!



Then, of course, there's always those yummy meatballs that people just can't stop eating... Click on the word meatballs to see the recipe.







 These wings are new, and I can give you the recipe here because it is so easy.  My best friend, Sharon, taught me probably 25 years ago about these, and I never forgot how delicious they are.  I use wings split in half.  I salt and pepper them and broil them to brown.  When they are done, put them into a deep roasting pan.





Put the following ingredients in a pan and bring to a boil:

2 Tbs. mustard powder
the juice from 1 large can of crushed pineapple
2 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbs. Soy Sauce
16 oz. jar of Honey





Pour the sauce over the wings and stir to coat, cover the pan with foil and cook for about 45 minutes.   At that point, remove the foil, add the crushed pineapple, stir together and place back in the oven, uncovered, for the last 15 minutes or so.




 Then, of course there is the Christmas spiral ham, that must adorn everyone's table, right?







I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Day.....




No comments:

Post a Comment