Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2012

Honey and Soy Baked Chicken Thighs



This dinner was one that took very little time, but had huge flavor.  I made a marinade of 3 tbs of olive oil, 3 tbs of soy sauce, 5 tbs honey, 4 cloves of garlic, about 1/4 tsp of fresh ground pepper, and about a tsp of finely chopped fresh ginger and put it in a zip lock bag with the boneless, skinless chicken thighs.



 
 I let the chicken soak for about 45 minutes in the refrigerator.  I get the rice going in the mean time.  I really love Basmati rice and was thrilled when I actually found brown Basmati rice!  I added 2 cups of beef broth in a pan, along with a couple of tbs of butter and a sprinkle of dried chopped onion.  When this comes to a boil, I add 1 cup of rice and cover.  Simmer for about 25 minutes or so.  Check it every once in a while and give it a stir.



Heat the oven to 425 degrees.  Put the chicken and the marinade in a baking dish and cook for 25 minutes with the skin side up.  Turn the chicken pieces over and cook another 15 minutes.  Then turn again to skin side up and finish with 10 more minutes.

When all the liquid in the rice was absorbed, I added some sliced almonds.  After tasting it, I found it needed a little salt and pepper.

Believe it or not, once the chicken and rice are cooked, I plate it and we ate like there was no tomorrow!  It was a little late, so I didn't bother making any veggie.





The flavors in the chicken were so delicious.  Any time you are in a rush and need something that will cook quickly, this is your dish!  Come the spring, I will probably cook this one on the grill....







No comments:

Post a Comment