Search This Blog

Monday, December 3, 2012

Do you ever wish you could find a banana bread recipe that doesn't come out really dark and dense? Well, here you go!


I don't know about you, but every time I find a recipe for banana bread, it always comes out really dark and funky looking....right?  Well, this recipe comes out so unbelievably light and delicious, I just couldn't help but want to share it with you all!

Heat your oven to 375 degrees.  Grease a regular size loaf pan and dust with flour.  Grab a bowl and add the following:



1 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt

In your mixer, pour in 2/3 cup sugar and a stick of butter.  Cream together, then add an egg, 1/2 tsp vanilla and 3 overly-ripe bananas...If you like walnuts, nows the time to add them now!



Add your flour mixture to your egg mixture.  Fold in a 1/2 cup of coconut, and pour into your pan.  I like to sprinkle a generous amount of sugar on to the top before baking.  It makes a real nice crust.  When your timer goes off, check it and make sure the center is done.
Bake for another 10 minutes or so.... then we will discuss...


If not, leave in for another 10.  Cook for about 50 minutes total in a 375 degree oven.

Trust me when I say....once you take this out of your oven, it will be gone within 30 minutes......I hope you love and appreciate this as much as I do!





No comments:

Post a Comment