These may not look like much, but I have to tell you.... They absolutely melt in your mouth, and the flavors are astounding! I have never been able to have enough of these babies to satisfy everyone (the recipe is very easy to double) And the good thing is, they are really easy to make. Here goes:
- 1 lb. of scallops, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh garlic
- fresh dill - about 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
- 2 bags of shredded Swiss cheese
- 2-3 Tbs. of butter
- 1 package of Paris Toasts (you can find these in the gourmet cheese dept. at your store...Roche Bros definitely has them. If you can't find them, anything crunchy should work)
The only thing left is to combine the scallop mixture with the mayonnaise and Swiss cheese. At this point you can refrigerate until you are ready to assemble these delicious bites!
All you have to do now is place a spoonful of filling on each toast and place on a cookie sheet. Cook them at 375 degrees just until the top is brown (about 5 minutes or so). Every oven is different, so keep track how long your first pan takes to cook. Then you can set your timer for the other batches. There is just something about these morsels of deliciousness..... I hope you and your guests enjoy them as much as we do.