Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Beef and Pearl Couscous soup...hits the spot on a cold night


After a weekend of chicken and ham, I decided we needed a little bit of "where's the beef?"  and soup was definitely in order, so I cooked up some beef and barley (had to substitute pearl couscous!)  I used up a bag of carrots I had, one Vidalia onion, and about 3 ribs of celery...chopped them up and cooked them.  I had a baggie of frozen steak tips that I defrosted and cut into bite-size pieces.  Throw them in with the vegetables until they are cooked When everything is done, add a can of diced tomatoes, about 1 cup of pearl couscous, and a box of beef broth.  Sprinkle in some thyme, salt, and pepper, and let simmer. 









Once all the broth and veggies are in, I run to the fridge for the last dlicious ingredient...Bella mushrooms...these are so much better than regular mushrooms.  Slice them up and just cook for about 5 minutes.

 Last ingredient is a little more beef broth, and you are good to go.  The flavor is delish and I can pretty much guarantee there won't be much left over!






Your seasonings are salt, pepper, thyme, and a few teaspoons of beef bouillon.  That's it!  I added a little extra of the broth, but otherwise, taste and add what ever it needs.





Yum...



No comments:

Post a Comment