Search This Blog

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon, oh my.....



My daughter has a few favorites to eat, and one that tops her list is bacon...anything made with bacon is delicious!   I knew my dinner tonight would be to her liking!  I really love cooking pork tenderloin because it is quick, easy, and lean. All I did was remove the silver tendon on the top of the tenderloin, and pat dry.  Sprinkle with Montreal Steak seasoning, wrap the entire tenderloin in bacon and bake at 425 for about 20 minutes.  You will need to check to make sure it is done.  Sometimes they need a little bit longer in the oven.  I popped them under the broiler for just a few minutes to crisp up the bacon.

Here are the seasonings you will need
While that is cooking, I feel the need to make some risotto.  I put about 3/4 cup of risotto in a pan with 1 tbs of butter that has been melted and a drizzle of olive oil.  I always seem to use chicken broth, but this time I decided to try beef broth for a change.  After cooking the risotto for about 10 minutes, begin adding the broth, one cup at a time, stirring often.  After about 3 cups, I could tell it was done.


The only other ingredient that needs cooking is the Vidalia onion.  I chopped on half and sauteed it in a little butter.  When done, I add it, along with a handful of Bella mushrooms that are roughly chopped, to the risotto. 







As far as seasonings go:  salt, pepper, parsley, thyme and a little garlic powder.  The beef broth really gave it a nice flavor.













I washed and cut up some fresh asparagus I had.  I put some lemon pepper on it and tossed it with some olive oil.  Pop in a 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes, stirring it every so often.
 

Well there you have it... One pork tenderloin seasoned with pork!  Enjoy.









No comments:

Post a Comment