Search This Blog

Friday, September 6, 2013

Look what I made in 30 minutes....never say never!




One late volleyball game and starved......what to make for dinner?  I want something easy and fast, but that tastes good.  It's 8:00 p.m....I throw open the refrigerator doors and look for anything and everything I can use to make something edible....and quick, and don't I find my faithful standby, boneless chicken thighs.






I quickly thaw the chicken and get them ready to be dredged in a seasoned flour mixture that has garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, salt and pepper, and a healthy shake of paprika.












Once they are coated nicely, I pour some olive oil in my pan and add a little butter, and brown each side for about 5-10 minutes.  Place the partially cooked chicken on a separate plate and throw in some cut up Vidalia onions.  Once they are tender, I add a couple of tablespoons of the seasoned flour and mix.  Pour in enough chicken broth to create a sauce.  Add the chicken back in and simmer for another 15 minutes covered.


While the chicken is simmering away, I cook up some leftover fresh pasta that I had made over the past weekend.  Just before serving, I add a can of artichoke hearts to my chicken dish that I have cut up.  There is just something about the flavor of artichoke hearts and chicken that is delicious.  All that is left is to taste the sauce and add a little extra salt.  That's it.


So, I started a little after 8 p.m. trying to figure everything out and at 9:00 p.m. on the nose, we were eating this.  I  thought I did a pretty good job making something yummy in that amount of time.  My family is pretty darn lucky...  I could have just boiled up some Ramen noodles, or poured a couple of bowls of cereal!

No comments:

Post a Comment