Search This Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Chicken with the flavors of oregano, mint, garlic and lemon..





Oh no, another chicken recipe!  Look, I promise as soon as my kids all move out and go back to college, I will start posting different, unique things.... They really like chicken, so I try to come up with a 101 different ways to cook it!  I'm probably close to that by now!  Tonight it is flavors from Greece.....oregano, garlic, lemon, and fresh mint all mixed into olive oil...very simple but extremely flavorful and delicious on a hot August evening.



                                                                                                                             
For the marinade, I combine approximately 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves, 3-4 smashed garlic cloves, about a teaspoon of oregano, and enough olive oil to coat your chicken (I think I used maybe 3/4 cup).    I had boneless chicken thighs in my freezer, so I used those, but you can use anything you would like.  I let the chicken soak in the marinade for at least an hour.




While I wait for the grill to heat up, I whip up a batch of jasmine rice.  I thought it would be something good to drizzle the juice from the chicken on...

Time to grill.  The good thing about cooking chicken thighs is that they don't take very long, probably a total of 30 minutes.  I turn them about every 10 minutes so that they get nice and brown on all sides.





When I came back in, I quickly cut some brussel sprouts in half and tossed them with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Pop them in a 400 degree oven and roast for about 20 minutes, stirring a couple of times.  When they are slightly brown and tender, sprinkle with some shredded Parmesan cheese.  


So there you have a really flavorful, delicious summer dinner.  The mint, garlic, and lemon flavors really came through and I liked the fact that the mint actually stayed on the chicken as I grilled it.




No comments:

Post a Comment