Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2012

What do you make for dinner when you have no idea what you feel like?


Tonight was one of those nights when I just couldn't figure out what I felt like eating!  Well, actually, I felt like a really good, juicy burger, but just didn't have the main ingredient, ground beef!  After skimming countless recipes on the web, I finally decided that when in doubt, always go with pasta, so I looked to see what I had to work with.  I found spinach, broccoli, shrimp, sour cream, and Parmesan cheese.  There you go!  Done.  So come with me....


First off, I cook the pasta.  This pasta I have is so cool!  I bought it in Shaw's Market.  It's called Trottole and the brand name is Culinary Circle.  I love the shape...  After it is cooked, I melt a couple of tablespoons of butter in a pan with a little olive oil.  When it is hot, I add 2 cloves of minced garlic.  After about 2 minutes, I add the broccoli.  Only cook it for about 10 minutes.  You want it to turn a bright green.




Now, add in the chopped spinach and quickly sautee for about 2 minutes.  combine the cooked pasta to the pan.

 

I add quite a bit of grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and some crushed red pepper.  In addition, add about a cup of sour cream.  After tasting it, I found I still needed to add additional salt and a little more cheese


The dish tasted good, but it didn't taste great!  I decided to sprinkle Tarragon and lemon pepper into the mix.  I also opened a can of artichoke hearts, cut them up, and threw them in.  What put this dinner over the top, was adding shrimp!  Don't you think shrimp makes everything taste better?


So, there you have it.  Cook the pasta, sautee some fresh garlic with broccoli and spinach; mix with pasta, season, add Parmesan cheese, sour cream, add cooked shrimp and cut up artichoke hearts and stir....For this dish, I also squirted in alittle creamy ceasar dressing.  For the last 5 minutes, You need to keep tasting, just to make sure you didn't miss a beat!



Well, 5 a.m. comes around awfully early, so I am going to sign off.  I really hope you try this delicious dinner....

No comments:

Post a Comment