Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A great use for leftover stuffing....




I had posted a recipe for stuffed peppers a while ago, and whenever I make them, I always make too much stuffing.  So, I put the leftovers in the fridge and figured I would use it somehow!  Well, the time had come where I needed to use it or lose it!  After giving it some thought, I decided to stuff some boneless chicken breasts.

This is what the left over stuffing looked like... 
I defrosted some boneless chicken breasts, and pounded them to about 1/4 inch thick.  I then placed a slice of honey ham I had gotten from the deli.  I next put enough stuffing mix on top of the ham so that I could roll it up.  I then tied each roll to hold it together while cooking.


Once browned on all sides, I put them into a casserole dish, place a slice of Swiss cheese on top of each chicken "roll" and cover the dish with foil.  I cooked them in a 325 degree oven, probably for about 15-20 minutes.  They don't take long to cook because the chicken is very thin.  You are basically making sure the stuffing is cooked..


So this whole meal was about using up leftovers and being quick and easy.  If any of this is left over, you can slice them up the next day and put in a sandwich! Really yummy...

No comments:

Post a Comment