Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

Talk about a great combination for a sandwich!



Today was a picture perfect day to go to my favorite beach, Good Harbor, in Gloucester.  I had my daughter Jillian joining me, along with her boyfriend, Donald.  I wanted to pack the perfect lunch, so at about 6:45 a.m., I got started...The sandwiches first.  If you don't already know, my all-time favorite herb is Tarragon, and it always goes well with poultry, so I thought I would make some turkey sandwiches using it.  I started with some really crispy Italian bread. 


I used real mayonnaise, spreading it on both sides of the bread.  I sprinkled dried Tarragon on the mayo, which will bring it to life.  Layer 2-3 of slices of roasted turkey.  Next up, sliced avocado.  I don't know what it is about avocado, but it makes what ever you add it to, delicious!  After the avocado, a few pieces of Romaine lettuce, and you are good to go.  The turkey, mixed with the lettuce, mayo, tarragon and avocado, was amazing.  I brought a bag of Cape Cod potato chips, along with some lemonade, cut watermelon, and an all-time favorite?  Welches' gummies.  Perfection!

These sandwiches were not run-of-the-mill, ho-hum sandwiches....but true gourmet deliciousness,  and so easy.

Tomorrow night, Saturday, is a big dinner night.  Grilled pork chops that have been brined, and a delicious eggplant dish I know you are going to love!  Stay tuned.......







No comments:

Post a Comment