Search This Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2012

A different version of Spinach Artichoke Dip that is delish!



A while back, I gave you a few really good appetizers to make.  One happened to be a spinach artichoke dip, which is really good.  I did have a different version that is also delicious, so I thought I would give you both.  That way, if you don't have the ingredients for one dip, you can make the other! I usually double this recipe, because the original amount doesn't really make enough!

  
This one has 1 package of cream cheese, room temperature.  To that, mix in 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of Romano cheese, 1 clove of garlic, minced, and 1/2 teaspoon of basil.


Now you are going to use one can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped.  Add approximately 1/2 cup of spinach, drained and chopped (I used fresh spinach, cut up, approximately 1/2 of a small bag).     You can add as much or as little spinach as you like.  Add some freshly ground salt and pepper.  I added a little cayenne pepper for some heat, but it is totally up to your personal preference!   Put into a greased baking dish, sprinkle with some paprika and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  You want it to be bubbly, so adjust the time accordingly.


I toasted some cut up pita bread, but you could serve this with anything.  As you can see, there are not as many ingredients in this version, and I used fresh spinach versus frozen.  

So, there you have it.  Both are delicious, so take your pick!







No comments:

Post a Comment