Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Seeing as you loved my first bread recipe....here comes another winner



This pumpkin bread comes out so moist and really yummy, and an added bonus?  It makes two loaves! I am planning on experimenting with adding different things, such as Craisins, coconut, or walnuts..... call me crazy!  Anyway, this unfortunately is one of those "measured" recipes so get your measuring spoons and cups out.

In one bowl, cream the following:

2/3 cup of shortening (Crisco)
2 2/3 cups sugar





Add 4 eggs, one at a time and blend well.


Next add a can of pumpkin and 2/3 cup of water...


Now it's time for the dry ingredients:

3 1/3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2  tsp. baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves

Blend this into the pumpkin mixture.  Now would be the time to add things like raisins, craisins, or nuts if you wish.  I've even thought of adding coconut.... I add it to my banana bread and it is delicious!


All that is left is to grease and flour two loaf pans.  Divide the batter between the two, and sprinkle with a cinnamon sugar mixture.   Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 70 minutes.  I like to check them after the hour is up, because you never know, sometimes they cook faster than other times.

I'll try to think of some other bread recipes I have that are really good.  I know I have a zucchini one that is delicious... I'll save that one for another day.  I'm feeling soup for tomorrow night.  I love Bertucci's sausage soup and have devised a pretty good duplication, so stay tuned...














No comments:

Post a Comment