Search This Blog

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Football season is here! Let the dips begin.....



This will make you laugh!  I am actually up in Saratoga Springs, helping my #1 daughter set up and decorate her new apartment as she begins her senior year at Skidmore College.  I took her grocery shopping because she wanted me to stock her pantry with ingredients to cook with..... sound familiar?

I felt a little guilty that I was not sharing any food ideas with you while I was away, so I started to think of things I like to make when the Patriots are on and everyone wants some kind of hot, meaty dip to chow down on.....and it hit me.  This recipe is so easy, and  it doesn't require any cooking other than at the end, when you pop it into the oven.

 
 
Here are your 4 ingredients (the quantities depend on the size dish you use and how many people you are serving):  Cream Cheese, canned chili (normally I hate using anything "canned", but for this dip, this is actually good!), chopped onion to sprinkle over the top, and grated cheese (I like to use Monterrey Jack cheese, but whatever you like is fine).
 
All you do is spread the cream cheese on the bottom of your dish.  Next spread the chili over the cheese.  Then the onions.  Pop it into a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes.  You want the onions to start browning and the chili bubbly.  Take it out and add the cheese on top.  Back in under a low broiler just until the cheese starts to melt.  Voila!  Easy, easy dip that will get gobbled up way before half time!
 
I will be back cooking again on Sunday.... have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment