Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Here's a first.....a dessert from me! This recipe makes a lot.


So....I was looking at all of my blogs and I realized that I have never shared a dessert recipe with you.  It is probably because I am not a huge dessert person when it comes to eating them, but I really love making them.  Today is your lucky day.  This dessert has appeared at more sports dinners than I can shake a stick at, because it makes a lot, and the smaller you cut them, the more it makes! and, it is probably one of the few recipes I will share with you that actually has measured amounts of ingredients!

I love this recipe because it is really easy, and I don't need a mixer!  Read along and you will agree...
Cream until well blended and set aside:

 

Softened 8 oz package of cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar

Then mix in

1 egg

Get a saucepan out and combine 3/4 cup water, 1/2 cup margarine and 1 1/2 (1 oz squares) unsweetened chocolate and bring to a boil.  Remove from the heat, and add the combined remaining sugar (2 cups) and 2 cups of flour.  Mix well and when cool, blend in remaining eggs (2), 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.


 
 
Now you are ready to pour the batter into a greased and floured 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch jelly roll pan (it just needs to be low, about an inch tall, and long). Dot the cream cheese mixture over the chocolate batter. Cut through the batter with a knife several times for the marble effect.  Sprinkle the chocolate chips all over the top.... 
 
 
Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.  Cool and cut into whatever shapes you want. This is such a great dessert to make when you need to feed an army!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment