Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2012

Another great appetizer that will be gone in a heartbeat!


Here it is, Friday night, and I have a volleyball game to watch and a surprise 50th birthday party to go to.... so, do I have any time to cook anything?  I think not!  But, it doesn't stop my brain from chugging, to try to come up with something I can share with you, so that you don't have to keep looking at my dinner from last night!  The pictures I have are not exactly how the finished product looks, but they will at least give you a good idea.  The real thing actually looks much better!  

This recipe is very easy, looks really great on your platter, and is totally delicious!  Here are your ingredients:

Soft tortilla shells (either small or medium sized)
pesto sauce
fresh spinach
roasted red peppers, sliced
prosciutto, thinly sliced (I usually get about 1/4 pound)
Shredded mozzarella


Place your tortilla on the counter.  Spread some pesto sauce on it, then arrange some red peppers on one half. 

  

Next, put a handful of spinach on top.  Lay a slice of prosciutto over the spinach.  (Keep piling everything up on one side, because you will be folding it in half.)


   
Top with some mozzarella, and fold the tortilla over (in half).  That's it!  


When you get them all assembled, take a fry pan and add a little olive oil.  Cook the tortilla until it is browned (the time will vary...I think it is about 5 minutes or so on each side).   I have a press that I put on top, which seems to help in the browning process!  Turn and brown the other side.  In the amount of time it is cooking, the cheese should melt and the spinach should be wilted.

Let them cool on some paper towels, so that any excess oil will be absorbed.  Cut them into wedges and arrange them on your dish.  



I have to warn you, though.  Make a lot!  They really are addicting!

Have a great Friday night.








1 comment:

  1. Hi Suzanne! Hope you are having a great weekend! It's beautiful here in MI and we have been outside most of the day. I'll remember this weekend in January! Just wanted you to know that I tried your chicken wing recipe and they were fantastic. They came out perfect and we both scarfed them down. Thanks so much ( Wayne is going to send you a picture but really they looked just like yours!) I will keep you posted as I try some other of your favorites and ok... I'll try the turkey cutlets! ;). Take care

    ReplyDelete