Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pork Tenderloin with a rice and goat cheese stuffing


This is probably the third or fourth version of stuffed pork tenderloin I have shared with everyone.  As you can tell by now, I really love to cook tenderloins and am constantly striving to come up with a new twist.  Tonight I think I have!  I made use of leftover rice, goat cheese, spinach, and ham this time.  Hopefully I can walk you through how easy this was....



 Sautee about two shallots and a couple of cloves of garlic in a little olive oil.  When they are done, throw in some diced ham (or whatever you might have left over that you think might taste good), just to take the chill off.  Add your fresh spinach and some cut up goat cheese.   This cheese was perfect because it was covered with spiced cranberries.  Gently mix everything together and add some shredded Parmesan cheese and a couple of tablespoons of mayonnaise, which will help hold the stuffing together.  As far as seasons go, I only used a little thyme, salt and pepper...there was plenty of flavor in the ham, goat cheese, onion and garlic.



Take your tenderloin, remove the silver tendon, and butterfly open.  Use a meat mallet to flatten it out.  Spoon the stuffing onto the pork.


Once you get the stuffing stuffed, use some twine, tie the tenderloin up and brown on all sides..




'

Pop them in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.  The only thing left is to cook a vegetable, and in this case, I had asparagus to broil.  I seasoned them with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, put them on a baking dish and sprinkled them with olive oil and parammesan.  They only took about 15 minutes, give or take.                                                                               



well, there you have it.  Sorry I disappeared for a while...Sometimes it gets really hard to juggle work, home, and my blog..   I really hope you try some sort of rendition of this.  It came out delicious!



I will try to be more diligent....

No comments:

Post a Comment