Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Beer-marinated Grilled Chicken Legs...Yum!


I love eating chicken legs and am always on the look out for new ways to cook them or new flavors I hadn't thought of before.  The other day, I came across an interesting marinade that I decided to try.



It starts out pretty basic, with a base of olive oil, and mixture of a 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, paprika, parsley, cumin, and some salt and pepper. I put about 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper in as well.   I added 3 tbs of chopped onion and 2 cloves of chopped garlic.   Now for the interesting ingredient......beer.  I slowly poured a bottle of Harpoon IPA winter lager into the olive oil mixture, slowly being the key word, because it will foam up pretty quickly.  I placed the chicken legs in a zip lock bag and poured the marinade in.  The longer they can marinade for, the better.  I was making these after work, so I probably got about 1 1/2 hours for them to soak.  Let them get to room temperature before grilling.






 The rest is history!  I've to the realization that all meat tastes better when you grill it, so no matter what the weather is, I am out there, either with an umbrella or a winter coat and hat if needed..... 

I actually served these with the acorn squash stuffed with pearl couscous .....it went really well together.





No comments:

Post a Comment