Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

A great salad with a delicious vinaigrette dressing



We had some friends stop by last night, and I was told we were going to order pizza.  I hated having people over for dinner and not cooking anything, so I thought maybe I could make a salad, and come up with a really delicious dressing.  So I went on line and looked at many recipes.  There was one that sounded good to me, so I decided to try it.  The ingredients were simple:


1/4 cup mayo
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 tbs whole grain mustard
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine
pinch salt
fresh ground pepper
about a tsp of tarragon

I combined all the ingredients and used my hand blender to mix everything.  I like to make the dressing in advance so that all the flavors can have a chance to explode.




My dressing was the "X" factor of this salad, seeing as I didn't really have a lot of ingredients to make my salad (such as tomatoes and cucumbers for starters...)  I had fresh spinach and Romaine lettuce, and I knew I had my trusty can of artichoke hearts in my pantry.  I found some asparagus in the fridge and decided to blanche them before throwing them in.  



My final touch?  French's fried onions, shredded Parmesan cheese,  and some crunchy La Choy chinese noodles


Believe it or not, this salad was delicious.   Just shows you what you can do when you don't think you have enough ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment