Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Very easy and delicious Chicken Piccata


I know Chicken Piccata sounds like a tricky, complicated meal to make, but honestly?  Not at all!  You just need to have all the ingredients on hand...and the only one that is a stretch is capers.  I just happen to keep a jar of them in my fridge...call me crazy!  I have needed them enough times, that it is just something I make sure I have..

So, your basic ingredients are boneless chicken breasts, 1 sweet onion chopped, 2 cloves of garlic chopped, 2 tbs olive oil, 2 tbs butter, 1/2 cup of flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 cup of sherry or white wine, 2 lemons, 2 tbs capers, 1 cup chicken stock, and 2 tbs fresh parsley chopped.

Begin by juicing one of the lemons.  Set the juice aside until you are ready to make the sauce.



Cook your onion and garlic in the olive oil.   When they are translucent, remove and set aside.  Add the butter to the pan, along with a little more olive oil,  and let it heat til it gets foamy.  

Dredge both sides of the chicken breasts that you have pounded to about 1/4 inch thick, in the flour/salt mixture and cook 2-3 minutes per side until they are nicely browned.




 

When the chicken is done, set it aside and create the sauce by pouring the chicken stock, sherry or wine, lemon juice and the capers into your frying pan.  Let it simmer for about 10 minutes.  Then add your chicken.


 Let it simmer for about 5 more minutes, until the sauce has reduced slightly.  Add a lemon slice to each piece of chicken, along with some fresh parsley, and tadah!  You're done...


 This whole dish probably took me about 45 minutes to do.  My daughter wanted to eat light, so I didn't make any side dishes.  The sauce was delicious and the capers really give it a great flavor burst!




No comments:

Post a Comment