Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Yet another one-pan delicious pasta dinner!


I went on line to see if I could find a really interesting, different recipe for making a pasta dish.  I must have scrolled through 20 pages of possibilities, but nothing peaked my interest.  So I shut off the computer and reverted to my head, my heart, and my pantry and think I came up with  a really delicious meal.  Yes, it does have a familiar cast of characters..... sweet sausage, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and pasta, but somehow I was able to put a different twist on it.

                                                                                                              I removed all the casings from 6 sweet Italian sausages and browned and browned them.  I chopped up on Vidalia onion and sauteed it along with 2-3 chopped garlic cloves.   After draining off the excess fat, I add quite a bit of fresh basil and parsley, cut up cherry tomatoes, and a can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped.  All that's left is salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and some Parmesan cheese.



Well, actually, here is where the new twist comes in....I decide that instead of adding the usual mayonnaise to sort of tie everything together, I opted for about a 1/2 cup of this really delicious garlic Caesar dressing.  Once that is mixed in, I cut up about six or seven slices of fresh mozzarella into cubes and fold them into the hot pasta.



  It's kind of cool how they just soften enough and begin to get just a little bit stringy....


Well, there you have it.  The flavors were just fantastic probably because I used fresh basil and parsley. It makes a big difference and is well worth the extra trip to the grocery store!







No comments:

Post a Comment