Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2013

A new way to have poached eggs on toast!




I have always loved poached eggs, even though they are not the easiest thing to cook.  We have a local restaurant that created this poached egg breakfast that is so delicious, I decided to see if I could replicate it.

This only works if you have fresh mozerella cheese, tomatoes, and basil, so make sure you shop before trying this!  Otherewise, it is very easy to make.  I make sure I have all the ingredients ready to assemble, before I start poaching the eggs.   I found these really cool silicone "poachpods" that make cooking the eggs a breeze.  You float them in boiling water and cover the pan.  I think they cooked in about 5 minutes!




Toast some nice rustic artisan bread,  butter it and place the mozerella cheese on  first.  Next spoon the eggs over the cheese, followed by the tomatoes and basil.  That's it!   A little salt and pepper and you are good to go.  


I'm telling you, the flavors all together are really delicious.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment