Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2013

This meal is for the ribeye steak and potatoes lovers....


I am going to share with you the best way to have tender, juicy, flavorful steak....effortlessly!  Put whatever steak you are cooking in a large pan.  Sprinkle liberally with sea salt and let sit on the counter, room temperature, for at least an hour.  Turn the steak over, re-salt, and let sit for another hour.  Just before you are ready to grill the steak, rinse it off and dry well.  The only seasoning added was some garlic powder and Montreal Steak Seasoning.  That's it.  This steak has so much flavor on it's own, you don't want to mask it.  I pre-heat the grill to high, and put the steaks on.  Close the cover and walk away for 8 minutes.    Now it's time to open the grill and flip the steaks.  They now only need 5 more minutes to come out medium rare.  If you want them more well-done, leave them on for a total of about 10 minutes on the second side.  Don't forget that they will cook a little bit longer after they have been removed from the grill.

Now for the garlic mashed potatoes.  If this were a weekend night, I would probably boil some potatoes, mash them and season them....but it is a weekday night and I don't have the time or the patience to go the extra mile, so listen up.  This is one of my trademarks....one of my secrets!  I whip up a bunch of Potato Buds...and season them.  I have never, ever, had someone ask me if the potatoes were made from a mix....they just taste that good!  

I start by following the back of the box instructions, but instead of using water, I use chicken broth.  I add butter and 2 crushed fresh garlic cloves.  Once the broth and milk come to a boil, I turn it off and add the Potato Buds.  Whisk everything together, then it's time for a little magic.  I add about 1/2 cup of sour cream, about half of a large block of cream cheese, and a handful of Parmesan cheese.  I also add salt, pepper, and some garlic powder.  All of these ingredients are what make these instant mashed potatoes taste like fresh mashed potatoes.

 The only other ingredient to this dinner was to cook up a bag of frozen corn, to which I added some butter, salt, and pepper.







The steak melted in your mouth, and the potatoes were perfect.  All in all, it was a total success.










No comments:

Post a Comment