Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Making something out of nothing!


I am going to begin this post by showing you the ingredients I found in my refrigerator.  I had no idea what I was going to do with them, I just knew it was too darn cold to go to the store, and I was determined to make this work!





First off, cook some pasta.  I had two bags that were half gone, so I combined them and got them going.










While the pasta is simmering, I decide it is a good time to start cutting things up.  I had found some sliced Sopressata, so I diced that.  I used up a box of cherry tomatoes, by slicing them as well.  None of these ingredients need cooking, so I leave them to the side until it is time to put everything together.










I had found a bag of frozen meatballs that I though would taste good as the "meat" part of this creation, so I warmed them up and cut them in half.


The pasta is done, so I drain it and combine everything I have so far.




 What's left on my counter now is a box of spinach, and the fresh mozzarella.  I gratefully use up my spinach and fold it in.  I turn the flame on low, so that the heat will slightly wilt it.







The only thing left to do is create some kind of light sauce to tie all the flavors together, and add the mozzarella.  I had a bottle of ranch dressing that I thought would do the trick, so I drizzled some over the top and gently mixed it in.

It turned out to be a good choice!  I diced the mozzarella, gave it a few stirs, and sprinkled the whole thing with a touch of crushed red pepper.




 As the low heat reaches the cheese, it begins to melt just slightly, which is perfect!


So there you have it...... I was able to use up a bunch of things I have had lingering in my refrigerator and cabinets, and when all is said and done, this dinner came out delicious!




















No comments:

Post a Comment