Search This Blog

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ribs! The meat falls off the bone....

So, back from popular demand 2 nights ago, I was asked to make these bad boys again!  These are country-style spare ribs, and for the longest time, I always struggled with cooking them because I wanted them to be the kind of ribs where the meat falls off the bones, and they weren't always like that!  Well, I finally figured out how to cook them, and the first time around was amazing.  Unfortunately I only cooked one package of them, so there were no leftovers.  The natives were not happy with this!  Today my oldest was home for the day and asked me to make them for her, so let me share this with you...

 
Use however many ribs you need for your meal.  Wash them off and dry thoroughly.  Sprinkle with sea salt, fresh ground pepper, a little onion powder and as many ingredients that you have to make up my "baharat" spice I got in Cincinnati.  This is truly what makes these ribs taste so good!

Now you put them in a roasting pan that is lined with foil.  You have to stand them up on their sides so that they all fit in the pan.  Top with some sliced vidalia onion, spray with some vegetable spray, and cover with foil.  Pop in a 325 degree oven for an hour.  When the time is up, take the pan out, uncover the ribs, and dump out the liquid.  Apply your favorite BBQ sauce liberally to both sides of each rib! (I use Sweet Baby Rays...so delicious!)


Put the pan back in the oven, uncovered,  and cook for another 20 minutes or so.

Here they are!

While they sit and fester, I throw together some cheater, easy garlic mashed potatoes, that... by the way, come out really delicious!   I make a batch of instant mashed potatoes, but at the start, I put a bunch of garlic powder, salt and pepper, and butter to the water/milk mixture.  Once I add the mashed pototo mix, I whip it up and taste.  It needs more garlic and salt.   Once added, I taste again...I add some grated parmesan cheese and my secret ingredient (alittle less than a 1/4 cup cream cheese)!  I usually don't measure things, I just cut a few chunks of cream cheese and throw them in!  This is truly what makes it!

Please, oh please, taste it because you may need to add more of something.  These mashed potatoes may not be totally healthy for you, but I can guarantee you they will be delicious!

Because I didn't have any fresh vegetables to prepare tonight, I took out a bag of Edamames and quickly cooked them according to the package.  When done, I drain them and quickly spray them with a little Pam so that the salt and pepper mix will adhere to the pods.  I sprinkle the sea salt and fresh ground pepper and toss. 

There you have it.   A really delicious rib dinner....  Tomorrow is a night off from cooking, but I will be back on Tuesday!  I'm feeling a yummy chicken dinner comin' on..... 

Have a great night!







No comments:

Post a Comment