Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cookin' a little Sockeye Salmon tonight....it's all about flavors!


I was looking through all of my dinners I have shared with you, and realized that other than cooking shrimp, I really haven't cooked any fish!  Salmon is always easy to prepare and it doesn't take very long to cook!  What really makes it delicious are the seasonings you use!  I really hope you enjoy this....

I washed and dried the fish and put it in a foil tray.  I sprinkled a little white wine and some lemon juice on the salmon.  I then prepared some herbed butter that I spread all over the top.  Take about 3 tablespoons of butter and let  it soften.  With the heat we have had lately, it doesn't take very long!  I blend in tarragon, parsley, lemon pepper, sea salt, and the spice mix I bought in Cincinnati that had the mint, rosemary, thyme, and marjoram.  Don't worry if you don't have that one.... You can really add any herbs you like.  Blend them into the butter.  I added some grated lemon zest and some fresh garlic.


While I am waiting for the grill to warm up, I make a red pepper aioli sauce to serve with the salmon.

The recipe is as follows:

1 jar of roasted red peppers (drain and dry them) or 2-3 freshly roasted peppers (which is what I used)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
3 tablespoons of olive oil

This is a weird picture!  It is the aioli in my blender!  I just wanted you to see what it looks like!
Put the peppers, cut up, in a blender, along with the garlic and mayo.  Blend well.  Then add one tablespoon of olive oil at a time, blending well in between.  Add a little sea salt and pepper to taste.  Put into a container and keep in the fridge until you are ready to use it.

I put the fish out on the grill, and cook for about 15 minutes.  When it was done, I brought it in and threw it under the broiler just for a couple of minutes.


The only thing left to do was to make a quick salad of lettuce, craisins, feta cheese, and almonds.  Drizzle some homemade herbed oil and vinegar dressing, and a pan of rice pilaf, and Voila!



I have another fish recipe that I love to make, that I will share with you another time!  For now, I hope you will try some rendition of this...  Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment