- 1 bag of Cheese Tortellini (if you would rather use plain pasta, at least pick a unique shape!)
- 1 box of cherry tomatoes cut in half (leave out on a paper towel to try to get most of the seeds out)
- approximately 2 cups of Kalamata olives (cut in half)...you don't have to be exact!
- 1 bag of Edamames (you can buy them shelled in the freezer section. You just need to thaw them.)
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, cut into small wedges (use the canned hearts, not the marinated ones)
- Shrimp, cut up (it's up to you how much you use!)
- Fresh spinach torn up
- Fresh basil (lots of it, cut up)
- Capers (this is something you can leave out if you absolutely hate them!)
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- A couple of handfuls of pine nuts
- 1 container of fresh mozzarella balls (cut them in half)
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
If you don't like the shrimp idea, you can add chicken (like the Perdue cuts), just break up the big chunks...
and now for the dressing.....
3-4 fresh garlic cloves
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
5 drops of Worcestershire sauce
3 tbs wine vinegar
1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and cut up
Juice of one lemon
Put all of this in a blender and puree. Reserve some to add to the salad prior to serving, only because the pasta tends to soak up the dressing when you make it the night before....
Don't forget to taste. You may need to add some additional salt and pepper.