Search This Blog

Monday, July 9, 2012

Wow...I take a few days off from cooking and y'all disappear! Comfort dinner here tonight!




So, this weekend had to be split between things to do and fun things.   Saturday was errands, shopping, and laundry, due to inclement weather.  But Sunday?  Sunday was a glorious day at Nantasket beach, then home for grocery shopping, cooking dinner, and zzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Dinner Sunday night needed to be a sure thing, easy and yummy, that I could effortlessly make while thoroughly enjoying the warm glow I got from the beach.

I had some asparagus in the fridge and figured cut it up and make a risotto.  I had bought some chicken legs and decided to revert back to what I always did with chicken!  And as far as the corn went..... Grill it and paint on herbed butter.  So here goes...


I started by making the risotto.  A couple of tablespoons of butter and once around the pan with olive oil, then add 1 cup of risotto.  Let it cook for about 5 minutes, add some dried chopped onion and a cup of chicken broth.  Stir until it is absorbed, then add another cup of broth.  Keep doing the same thing until you have added 4 cups total.  Turn off the heat, add some lemon pepper, salt, a couple of cloves of garlic pressed, and cut up fresh asparagus.  The heat from the risotto will cook the asparagus just enough.  I also sprinkled some white wine, grated some lemon zest, and squeezed a bit of lemon juice in.  


Put a cover on this, and on to the chicken.  For as long as I can remember, good grilled chicken only needed salt and pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder, mustard powder, and a quick spray of vegetable oil spray to make the seasoning stick!  Grill until nicely browned....only about 30 minutes!  Turn frequently...



While the chicken is grilling on one side of the grill, I add corn on the cob to the other side, which has been sprinkled with Montreal Steak seasoning and sprayed with vegetable oil spray.  Once all sides are slightly toasted, I remove them and bring in, and paint on an herbed butter I threw together.  You know, melted butter, salt and pepper, parsley, garlic, onion powder, and some parm cheese. Pop them in the oven, to keep them warm.


Just before I serve everything, I taste... The risotto needed one more clove of garlic added using the garlic press.  It also needed a little bit of salt and some grated parmesan cheese.  One last taste..... oh yeh, just right!




So this whole meal probably took about an hour and 15 minutes.  Not too bad for me!  Sometimes I get carried away and we end up eating at 9:00!   I hope you enjoy this...

As for Monday night?  I am just going to throw together a couple of salads...only two people home!  Lettuce, tomato, grilled corn cut from the cob (from last night), avocado, cut up cracked pepper turkey breast, cut up swiss cheese, and a little dressing.  Sometimes less is better on a hot summer night!

ox...












No comments:

Post a Comment