Search This Blog

Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Answer to a question about a new twist on chicken, broccoli, and ziti..



I love when people comment on my posts!

I was asked if this could be made with a red sauce.  The answer is absolutely!  I would probably make more of a vodka-type sauce.   This is totally off the cuff, so bear with me!

Take a can of stewed tomatoes, probably 1/2 cup of vodka (if you wish), and add half of a vidalia onion that you roughly cut up.  I would stay away from adding something like oregano or basil, because you wouldn't want to mask the flavors you already have going on.  Throw in half of a stick of butter, and let simmer on the stove, covered, for about half an hour.  When the onions are nice and soft, take it off the stove and use your hand blender to puree.  Now you can add your goat cheese, milk or cream or half and half, whichever you would prefer, and some Parmesan cheese.

Taste and see if it needs salt, pepper, or crushed red pepper, and pour over the pasta mixture.  Whoever tries this, let me know how it comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment