Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Grilled Salmon with a Maple-Mustard Glaze



I love salmon and usually make a topping out of herbs, butter, lemon juice and white wine.  It always tastes delicious, but as you might guess, I like to try different things, so I decided a glaze made out of maple syrup, grainy mustard, thyme, and salt and pepper might taste good.  I have used maple syrup with scallops before and really loved the combination, so I thought it would taste just as good with salmon.

The exact measurements are:

1/3 cup maple syrup
3 tbs whole-grain mustard
1 tsp cider vinegar
1/2 tsp thyme
salt and pepper (1/8 tsp each)

Heat the glaze to just a boil, then remove from the heat and let it cool down.



I coat the fish with some melted butter and parsley, and sprinkle a little salt and pepper.











Heat the grill to about medium-high, and start by cooking the fish skin side down. Cook with the cover down for about 3 minutes.  Then flip the salmon over and cook for another 3-5 minutes.  One more flip and paint on the glaze.  I turn down the heat and just let the glaze cook on for a couple of minutes.





I cut up some tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese and drizzled some olive oil and balsamic vinegar over them.

Last but not least, I whipped up a batch of rice pilaf.  Dinner is served!













No comments:

Post a Comment