Search This Blog

Friday, May 24, 2013

How to disguise the dreaded leftovers....

 

I got home from work tonight  and heard the all too familiar question..."what's for dinner?"  I was getting a late start and didn't have a whole lot of time to try to figure out what to make.   I opened the refrigerator and saw left over ravioli and sauce with meatballs......something no one would touch.  They really didn't look that appetizing!   Folks in my house are not crazy about leftovers.  It is 7:00 p.m. and everyone is hungry. 

  

Then it came to me.   Cupcake lasagna would definitely work.  I had the main ingredients.  All I needed to do was add a little more substance to the sauce...sausage to the rescue!  What was great about this was I only had to cook the sausage.  Everything else was ready to go.  I reheated the sauce and cut up the meatballs a little. 


 I defrosted 4 sausages, removed the casings. and cooked them with some fresh parsley and basil.  It was so nice to only have to cook one ingredient.
Now all I have to do is put it together.  Start with a ravioli, add some sauce with meatballs and some of the sausage, then some cheese and repeat once.

Try to press everything down a bit with the back of a spoon.  Top with cheese and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.


You would never know this was leftovers!











No comments:

Post a Comment