Search This Blog

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Just when you thought you knew every stuffed pork tenderloin recipe.....




I think I have shared at least 3 or 4 different ways to stuff pork tenderloins, so that must tell you something..... that I love to make this for dinner.  It is so easy to prepare, although a little tough to roll,  and cooks in about 30 minutes.

So tonight's stuffing has 4 ingredients:

2 cups croutons
fresh spinach (as much as you want!)
sweet Italian sausage (1 package, casings removed) 
Mozzarella cheese (as much as you like)





Cook the sausage and drain off the fat.  After you have mixed the other ingredients together, beat 1 egg into a cup of chicken stock and pour over the stuffing.  Once you have mixed it in, feel free to add more chicken broth if it is too dry.  I also added pepper and jut a little salt.


Now for the fun part.....stuff and roll.  I like a lot of stuffing in my pork tenderloin, but keep in mind the more stuffing you use, the harder it will be to keep it rolled up.  I ended up folding one of my tenderloins over because it simply would not let me roll it!


Butterfly each tenderloin, so that you can create a flat piece of meat.  With a piece of plastic wrap over the top, pound with a meat mallet until it is nice and flat.  Place the stuffing down the center and do the best you can to roll it.  





Another new twist is to roll the roll in seasoned bread crumbs.  I used the pan I was cooking the pork in to do this.    The pork seemed really big, so I cut each roll in half.





Just before I pop these in a 350 degree oven, I spray a little olive oil over the tops.  They should cook for about 25 minutes.


I cooked up a small bag of frozen corn, and dinner is served....

No comments:

Post a Comment