Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fancy leftover chicken dinner!







The other night, I grilled up way too many chicken thighs for the three people who were eating dinner, so needless to say, I had a lot of leftovers.    I tried to think of something new to do, instead of reverting to the usual making  of chicken salad, or chicken soup, or just letting folks eat them cold...



I finally came up with the idea of making chicken, broccoli and ziti...why not make it with leftover chicken, especially where it has a yummy grilled out flavor?  I sliced the chicken up and set it aside.  I grabbed a pot and cooked up some pasta. 





 In a separate large fry pan, I cooked some broccoli with a little chicken broth, just long enough for it to turn bright green.  I added a couple of minced garlic cloves and the cut up chicken thighs.  It is a good way to warm them up without overcooking them.

I thought something a little lemony would give this dish the kick it needed, so I cut up a can's worth of artichoke hearts and added them.



To finish this off, add about 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, about a cup of chicken broth, and half of a block of cream cheese.  The only seasonings I use are salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.  Mix until the cream cheese is melted in (you might need to put on a low flame to heat it up enough for the cheese to melt).  Make sure you can taste the garlic and that there is enough salt and pepper.  I always end up adding a little extra Parmesan, only because I love the the flavor so much!




That's it - so easy and fast.  I think the whole dinner took about 30 minutes...and I used up all the leftover chicken! 

No comments:

Post a Comment