Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

Turkey Cutlets with Roasted Asparagus


I bought a package of turkey cutlets the other day and thought I should make something different with them.  Usually I saute the cutlets in a pan and cover them with a sauce made with tomatoes, onions and tarragon.  It is delicious, but I felt like something else.



I decided to go the Panko bread crumb route because it gets nice and crunchy when you cook it.  I grabbed three bowls.  The first one had 3 eggs in it, along with a handful of Parmesan cheese, some salt and pepper, and a little water.  Whisk until it is blended, then move on to the next bowl.










In this bowl, I put in about 1/2 cup of flour, about a 1/4 tsp each of garlic and onion powder, and a sprinkle of paprika.  I mix that up, and move to bowl #3.










This bowl has the Panko crumbs.  I like the Italian seasoned crumbs, but you can use what ever you like or have on hand.









The turkey cutlets come ready to use.  You don't need to pound them at all.  Start by dipping in the flour mixture first, then the egg mixture, and lastely the Panko crumbs.  Make sure you press the cutlet down into the crumbs to get them to stick.









Once you have them all done, let them sit for about 15 minutes before cooking them. At this point, I place my asparagus in a pan, drizzle it with olive oil and add a little sea salt and pepper.  After making sure everything is coated, I roast them in a 400 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes...just long enough to cook my turkey cutlets.
















In your fry pan, add some olive oil and about 2 tbs of butter.  When it is hot, cook your cutlets, about 2 minutes per side, until they are golden brown.  They cook fast because they are so thin.  When they are all cooked, I keep them warm until my asparagus is done.










When the asparagus is done, sprinkle it with some shredded Parmesan cheese and some zest of a lemon.  That's it!  Absolutely delicious.




This time I served the cutlets with a little cranberry sauce, but you could easily whip up any type of sauce - mushroom sauce, lemon artichoke sauce, a marsala-type sauce, etc....





No comments:

Post a Comment