Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

Baked Stuffed Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon


I have always loved baked stuffed shrimp, and who doesn't like anything that is wrapped in bacon?  So.....I thought, what if I stuffed the shrimp and then wrap it in bacon.  Wait until you taste this!

You need to used shrimp that are big enough to stuff.  Take the shell off and butterfly the shrimp.  While they dry on a paper towel, mix the following in a bowl:

Parmesan cheese
Panko breadcrumbs
about 8 crushed Ritz crackers
Tarragon
Fresh grated ginger
shredded Monterey Jack cheese
salt and pepper
a couple of tablespoons of butter, melted


I think I started with about a cup of Parmesan cheese.  Everything else  was added free hand.  If you need more filling, simply add more breadcrumbs and crackers.  Keep tasting the mixture til it is to your liking.  Adding the melted butter will hold it all together and make it easier to handle.









In a small bowl, combine about a cup of your favorite barbecue sauce, adding some honey.  I had some mango salsa, so I added some of that as well.  The flavor of the mango salsa is what really makes this taste delicious, so if you don't have any on hand, I highly recommend you get some! 









 Partially cook a pound of bacon and drain on paper towels.  What you are going to do is place a small amount of the stuffing in the shrimp.  Press the shrimp closed and wrap with a piece of bacon.  I  split the pieces of bacon lengthwise and used narrower strips




 Once the shrimp are all stuffed and wrapped, paint the tops with the barbecue sauce.  Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked.


I absolutely love Jasmine rice, so I made a batch of that using chicken broth instead of water.  It cooks in about 10-12 minutes, which worked out perfectly!  I also quickly broiled some broccoli that I sprinkled with olive oil and some sea salt and fresh ground pepper.  After about 15 minutes in the oven, I take it out and toss with some shredded Parmesan cheese and a bit of lemon zest.  What's nice is if you don't over cook it, it is hot and still a little crunchy, and that beautiful bright green.



Needless to say, the four measly leftover shrimp were being fought over the next day!  I've been told I need to make this one again...







No comments:

Post a Comment