Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Disguising Leftovers!



I wanted to clean out my fridge and noticed I had 3 or 4 containers with leftovers.  I'm coming to the realization that my family only likes my dinners on the night I make them.  They don't seem to like to eat them more than once!  How odd is that?  If it tasted good when I first served it, why woudn't it taste good the next day???   So.....I have to get real creative when it comes to using these leftovers up by somehow disguising them.   This blog is a lesson in just that.

Earlier in the week, I had made some mac and cheese with some cut up ham ( which was delicious, by the way!)  I decided this was a good base to start with, so I heated it up and added a little milk to thin out the cheese sauce.


In another container was some left over roasted asparagus that had olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper, and shaved Parmesan cheese.  I cut that up and added it to the mac and cheese.  Didn't I find a zip lock bag with 3 sweet Italian sausages in it, so I cooked them up, sliced them and added them to the mix.


So, mac and cheese used up.....asparagus and sausage used up......now for a little fresh stuff.  I had a box of fresh spinach and I always love adding it to things, so I tore up a couple of handfuls and threw that in, figuring the heat of the pan would wilt it just enough.

Last but not least, I had some leftover ricotta cheese that needed to get used up, so I added some spoonfuls to the pot.




The only unfortunate thing about this dinner is that I now have a sink full of Tupperware containers that need washing! .... but I am so glad I was able to use everything up, and now I have a clean refrigerator!

















No comments:

Post a Comment