Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Delicious Creamy Turkey Soup


The day after I cook a turkey, I always want to get rid of the bones and use up the turkey meat....do I make turkey salad? turkey casserole?  turkey pot pie?  or.....the all but popular turkey soup.  I opted for the soup, but wanted to do make a different kind of soup, not the usual soup that has chicken broth, celery, carrots, onion, and turkey.  Most of what was left over was the thigh meat, which has the most flavorful.v

I love cream soups and thought why not?  why not creamy turkey soup?  Wait til you taste this one!  I start by cutting up some carrots, celery and onion...the quantity depends on how much soup you want to make.  I used about a cup of each.  I saute them in a half stick of butter.  I am going to add egg noodles to this soup, so I cook those now, according to the directions.

While they are cooking, I cut up the left over turkey and put to the side.  Once the veggies are done, I add 1/4 cup of flour and mix in.  Stir in two cups of chicken broth and two cups of milk, along with the cut up turkey.   Cook until thickened.... about 5 minutes.



If the soup is too thick, simply add more chicken broth.  I don't want any heavy herb seasoning, so I only use salt and pepper.  The flavors of the carrots, celery and onion, along with the seasoning that was on the turkey is what makes this soup simply delicious, and the creamy texture is exactly what I was looking for!  Make sure you try this easy recipe....








No comments:

Post a Comment