Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Yet another way to stuff a pork tenderloin...

First off, Happy Halloween!  Hope you all had a fun night tonight.  



Sorry for the last few quiet days....It's between the hurricane, work, and a few dinners out, and I have had too many days off.  I looked over some of my recent posts, to see what I have been cooking lately!  I decided to make one of my easy stand-bys, but with a unique, different stuffing.

I had a baked sweet potato in my fridge for some reason, so I started by dicing it up and adding about 1/2 cup of craisins, about 1/4 cup of walnuts and the remnants of a bag of shredded cheddar cheese to begin with.  Now I needed some seasonings and something to hold it all together.  The seasonings were a no-brainer!  The Baharat seasoning...you know, the one that has cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom, cumin, etc.  You can just add whatever combo of these spices you have  Just the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves will make this yummy.


 Now I sprinkle in a bunch of parsley, and some salt and pepper.  That's all you really need, except for the "glue."  I decide to make a very moist cup of Pepperidge Farm Stuffing.  Once it is made according to package directions  (to which I have added parsley and a little dried chopped onion,  (accept that I add more liquid to make it extra moist), I add that to the sweet potato mixture.  Don't forget to taste from time to time.   I also added a couple of handfuls of French's Fried Onions....yum!



Now, we're talkin' stuffing!  Ready to stuff the tenderloins.






I take the white tendon off of the outside, then I slice the tenderloin about 3/4 of the way through, so that it will lie flat.  I use my meat mallet to make it thin enough to roll.




Place the stuffing down the middle of the flattened tenderloin, roll in half and tie....I sprinkle the outside with onion powder and garlic powder, salt and pepper, and coat with Pam.  Then it's into a fry pan to brown on all sides.



The only thing left is to cook it in a 400 degree oven until the internal temperature is about 165 degrees.  I drizzled the tops with this yummy zesty honey mustard, and cooked it for about 30 minutes. Take it out a little before so that it wouldn't overcook..



The only thing left is to roast the brussel sprouts, something that is a favorite in this house. This time, besides the salt, pepper and olive oil, I add a little curry powder and onion powder.



Add a couple of pads of butter and pure heaven!










No comments:

Post a Comment